Russell Westbrook: “I Take Responsibility For What’s Going On Because It’s My Responsibility To Get Us Back On Track.”

Russell Westbrook hasn’t had the smoothest debut in Washington. With the Wizards sitting near the bottom of the East, he has been getting a lot of the blame for their shortcomings — blame that he himself hasn’t shied away from.

In a chat with Chase Hughes of NBC Sports, he explained his thinking behind the team’s current trajectory, taking responsibility for their current positioning.

“The one thing I’m not going to do is quit. I’m never going to give up on my teammates or give up on the game because it has meant so much to me. I take responsibility for what’s going on because it’s my responsibility to get us back on track.”

Russ has never been a quitter. In fact, he has made himself famous for his relentless play and dedication to the game. He plays with a ferocity and passion that very few have been able to emulate.

As for the future of his Wizards, that much is still very much in doubt. It will take a full and cohesive effort from Russ and Bradley Beal to pull them out of their current mess.


Post a Comment

0 Comments