Christian Wood Says He's Going To Be A Max Contract Player: "I Just Have To Play With A Chip On My Shoulder."

The Houston Rockets are in a pretty bad way right now -- that much is clear. With an embarrassing 15-47 record, and sans James Harden, H-Town is likely headed for more seasons in the Western Conference bunker.

Their one beacon of hope is young big man Christian Wood, who signed with the Rockets in the 2020 offseason.

While the jury is still out on his star potential, he doesn't seem to have any doubts about his future as a max-contract player.

“I just want to show fans that by the time this contract’s up I think I’m gonna be a max (contract) player... I just have to play with a chip on my shoulder. God willing, with no injuries, I think next season’s gonna be even better and I’ll be even better."

With season averages of 21.1 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks per game on 52% shooting, Wood is already on the verge of stardom and is, far and away, Houston's best player.

With some more time to grow and develop his game, Wood could very well join the upper echelon of NBA stars.

Whether or not that will be enough to get the Rockets back on the right track, however, remains to be seen. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments