Anthony Davis On 2021 Title Run: "I Have Nothing To Prove To Anyone."

View the original article to see embedded media.

On the eve of Game 1, Lakers star Anthony Davis spoke to the media about the 2021 playoffs and the Lakers' bid to repeat as Champions.

Speaking candidly, he denied that he has anything to prove.

“I have nothing to prove to anyone,” said the Lakers star, via the Daily News. “I don’t think I have anything to prove to myself; only being another champion. That’s really it. I want to be able to win multiple championships; this is another opportunity for me to do so.

For our group, maybe you can add the challenge of being a seventh seed, but as far as trying to prove something to anyone else: I go out every day, compete, and let the chips fall where they may.”

Certainly, AD isn't lacking in confidence. Since helping the Lakers capture their 17th title last season, things have certainly been different.

And now, with Championship No. 2 on the line, Davis is here to let everyone know that he's not listening to all the noise. He's going to do his thing and play his game because, in his mind, he's got nothing left to prove.

We'll see soon enough if that mindset is good enough to get the Lakers that Larry O'Brien at the end of the year.


Post a Comment

0 Comments