Derrick Rose Responds After Leading Knicks To Playoff Win: "I’m Just Very Blessed And Fortunate To Be In This Situation.”

View the original article to see embedded media.

The New York Knicks were able to avoid an 0-2 hole and, with the series heading to Atlanta, it probably saved them from likely elimination. As usual, it was a cohesive and collaborative effort from the entire roster that delivered New York the win.

But Derrick Rose was the one who shined, finishing with a team-high 26 points.

After enduring so much throughout his NBA career, it's truly amazing to see him doing so well on a playoff team. Speaking to Kenny Smith after the game, he went into some detail about his journey, expressing gratitude for where it has taken him so far.

“Becuase I went through so many injuries, I had to find out my rythym and I put hours into my shot, triying to figure out what's my one-two, what's my heso, and I'm still trying to put it together.

I’m just very blessed and fortunate to be in this situation. I always live by the five Ps, 'proper preparation prevents poor performance,' and I'm always making sure that I'm prepared. So I'm just blessed and fortunate to be here, back here again."

After a flurry of injuries derailed much of his prime, it took a lot for Rose to get back on a level where he is a significant piece on a playoff squad. Most players would have just given up.

But for Rose, he continues to work and grind to keep getting better, and we're seeing the results play out in front of our eyes.

Not only is he having a resurgence, but the Knicks are also having their best season in years. It's truly a joy to watch.


Post a Comment

0 Comments