Paul George On If He Gets Worse Treatment From Media Than Other NBA Stars

Credit: Getty Images
View the original article to see embedded media.

The Paul George slander might be over after his 2021 playoffs run. The Los Angeles Clippers star keeps proving doubters wrong with his performances, earning more respect every night. 

On Monday, he went off on the Phoenix Suns, scoring 41 points, grabbing 13 rebounds, and dishing 6 assists to win Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. After underperforming in the past couple of seasons, he came a long way, demonstrating he can lead this team. 

PG13 was asked if he gets worse treatment from the media than other stars, and he agreed with that. 

"I do," George answered, via Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPN. "And it's the honest truth. It's a fact. But I can't worry about that. It comes with the job, I guess. ... I still try to go and dominate. ... And so I'm beyond that, you know what I mean. I am who I am. I wish I could shoot 80%, 75%, on a nightly basis, but it's not realistic."

"What I can do is do everything else," he added. "They can judge me on what they want to. That part don't matter to me. I'm going to go out there and hoop and give it everything I got."

As stated before, the Paul George slander might be over after this postseason, but you never know with NBA fans. When he missed clutch free throws, people started calling him 'Pandemic P' again; after a rocky start to Game 5, they went at it again, so this is hard to understand. 

Still, George is on a mission. He's playing without Kawhi Leonard by his side and is still delivering. You love to see him defeating his old demons, keeping the Clippers' season alive even after going down 3-1. There's still work to do, but as long as they have Paul on the court, the Clips will always have a chance. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments