Scottie Pippen Calls Out Charles Barkley: "I Don’t Know Nobody He Done Whooped."

View the original article to see embedded media.

In a recent interview with GQ, Scottie Pippen sat down with Margaret Pattillo to discuss a number of topics, including his time with the Bulls, Michael Jordan, and his new haircut.

But perhaps the most interesting but was what he said about Charles Barkley. During their playing days, Barkley once threatened that if Pippen didn't apologize for calling him "fat," he would “get arrested for murder."

It was played off as a joke, and nothing ever happened -- but Pippen did give an interesting response to that story in the GQ piece:

I wish he woulda went through with it. I never apologized to him, but I’ll tell you what: He only got arrested for throwing some little white guys out of a window. I ain’t never seen him fight a Black man unless there were referees around. He plays his role like he’s tough. I don’t know nobody he done whooped. Go back and check his record. Did I apologize to him? I told him to get me the hell out of there. That’s what I recall.

Obviously, Barkley is still in the league spotlight today as an analyst on TNT's "Inside the NBA." There, he frequently takes it upon himself to dish out some harsh criticisms towards teams and players.

Pippen is certainly not the only guy to clap back at Barkley, but he is, perhaps, the first to ever be that loud about it. It seems that not even comments from 15+ years ago are immune to backlash...


Post a Comment

0 Comments