Shaq O'Neal Fires Back At LeBron James' Complaints On The NBA's Busy Schedule: '40 Million People Have Been Laid Off, I'm Making $200 Million, I'd Play Back To Back To Back To Back To Back.'

View the original article to see embedded media.

The NBA's schedule this year was a topic of hot debate. Due to the rash of injuries, many in the NBA world have suggested that the schedule was at fault. While the number of games was reduced, there was a shorter offseason.

One of the people to comment on the NBA's many injuries was LeBron James. James was concerned about the athletes' health and attributed that to the fact that players had less rest. James did also state that he understood the business aspect of the season as well.

Shaquille O'Neal fired back at LeBron James' comments and suggested that because athletes are still getting paid large amounts the money, while many regular people have been laid off, he wouldn't be complaining.

When you’re living in a world where 40 million people have been laid off and I’m making $200 million, you won’t get no complaining from me. I’d play back to back to back to back to back.

I’m not knocking what anybody said, but me personally, I don’t complain and make excuses, because real people are working their tail off and all we gotta do is train two hours a day and then play a game for two hours at night and make a lot of money ... So my thought process is a little different. 

With his statement, it seems as though O'Neal is just pointing out that NBA athletes still have it better than the majority of people. Next season will follow the NBA's regular schedule, and teams will have a full offseason to rest. Injuries are the worst, and hopefully, next season sees a reduction in their number.


Post a Comment

0 Comments