Jalen Green Believes In His Scoring Ability: "Ask Me To Get A Bucket, And I Promise I Will."

View the original article to see embedded media.

Jalen Green was selected with the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft by the Houston Rockets, with the hopes that he can be a franchise-changing superstar. There's no question that it's a lot of pressure, but that comes with the territory of being a highly touted draft prospect.

There has been a lot of hype about Jalen Green's scoring. Green projects to be a three-level scorer at the NBA level, and his shot creation ability is very good, especially considering he played against pros in the G-League instead of college-level competition. Jalen Green has the potential to be an elite scorer at the SG position, and perhaps the Rockets will put him in the right spot to fulfill that potential.

While we don't know how Jalen Green's scoring will hold up in the NBA yet, the No. 2 pick is clearly confident in his abilities. In a recent interview with Kelly Iko of The Athletic, Jalen Green talked about how he feels about himself as a scorer and revealed that he believes he can score from any area of the court.

The different type of ways we work on scoring, I feel like I’m a three-level scorer, and at the same time, I got that killer mentality. I want to kill whoever’s in front of me. I think that’s all you really need. And the tools, you’re just working on sharpening everything up. I just like getting buckets.

Anywhere. Put me anywhere. The corner, the wing, the top [of the key], halfcourt, fullcourt. Ask me to get a bucket and I promise I will.

Perhaps this confidence can translate into on-court production for Jalen Green. Confidence is one of the keys to a player's success, and it seems as though Green has loads of it. Hopefully, Jalen Green has a great season his rookie year, and shows the world why he was picked at No. 2.


Post a Comment

0 Comments