Mychal Mulder Lauds Draymond Green's Leadership: "It's Right Out There In The Open For Everybody To See, And It Is Uplifting, Absolutely."

(via Red Bluff Daily News)
View the original article to see embedded media.

Draymond Green isn't the type of player whose impact necessarily shows up on the stat sheet. Over the years, Draymond Green has been the heart and soul of the Warriors, and his leadership and defensive prowess have been things that most have appreciated about him.

Warriors guard Mychal Mulder has recently shared a story that demonstrates Draymond Green's leadership. On an episode of the Dubs Talk podcast, Mulder mentions a time where he passed up a shot, only to be chastised by Draymond Green for not pulling the trigger. Green was clearly trying to motivate Mulder, and Mulder stated that Green's leadership was "really helpful".

I don't know if it was the first time, but one that stands out is I didn't shoot the ball. I'm pretty sure he went swing, swing -- I was in the corner, I pump-faked and that's a sin right there to Draymond. He basically was barking at me on the way back down the floor. Talking about 'Don't get trigger shy' or whatever he said.

I think I had missed a shot prior and then I didn't shoot the second one, and that set him off a little bit.

That kind of speaks into the type of leader he is, ya know what I mean?. It wasn't like he was yelling at me to degrade me. It was totally to uplift me and show he has the utmost confidence in me and it was really helpful. The next time down, I'm pretty sure I let it go.

It was good. It really speaks to his leadership style. There's different styles. Some guys are a little more quieter and it's more about what they say then how they say it, but Draymond, you guys can see it when we're playing. It's right out there in the open for everybody to see.

And it is uplifting, absolutely.

There's no doubt that Draymond Green's veteran experience and leadership will be crucial for the Warriors next season. They have Moses Moody and Jonathan Kuminga entering the fold, and they'll have the opportunity to learn from one of the best basketball minds in the game. With Klay Thompson coming back, the Warriors will hope to compete for a championship this season, and Draymond Green will definitely play a big role in them trying to climb the mountaintop once again.


Post a Comment

0 Comments