Rajon Rondo Takes Subtle Shot At Tyronn Lue And The Clippers In Introductory Press Conference

All U Can Heat

View the original article to see embedded media.

NBA veteran Rajon Rondo has worn many different jerseys over his 15-year career. After being traded from the Celtics in 2015, he has been on seven different teams, and each one came with varying degrees of success.

In his most recent campaign, an 18-game stint with the Clippers, he experienced brutal heartbreak and disappointment as the team got eliminated in the Western Conference Finals. It was a low point for both the Clippers and Rondo himself.

Now, back with the Lakers, Rondo reflected back on his performance last season, throwing some subtle shade towards his former team.

“Like I said, it hasn’t been 10 years,” Rajon Rondo told members of the media during his introductory press conference Tuesday. “I don’t think I’ve changed much, I don’t think my game has declined. You’re only as good as your coach believes in you and going forward this year, looking at the Lakers team and the roster, understanding where I am in my career, but at the same time, I do believe I can still bring a lot to the game. But my main focus is if we win, nothing else matters.”

At 35-years-old, it's certainly reasonable to expect Rondo to slow down. Last year's playoff run with the Clippers could have been a sign of that, as he was near unplayable at times

But why not give Rondo the benefit of the doubt at this point?

As an exceptional playmaker, brilliant leader, and strong tone-setter, there is still a lot he has to offer, and he knows the role he has been brought in to play.

“Obviously, everybody wants to be wanted,” Rondo said. “Coach Frank — I talked with him early this morning. As far as his expectations from me, I understand that he missed my voice last year in the locker room, which meant a lot. I understand that I do have value here … Frank was a big key, obviously talked to Bron, AD, we keep in touch all the time. Rob’s been true to me from Day 1.”

So, there is a lot of reason to be hopeful about what is to come for Rondo and the Lakers. As they fight for Championship No. 18, their stars and leaders will have to step up in big ways.

And there is no reason to believe they aren;t up for the task.


Post a Comment

0 Comments