James Harden On Brooklyn Nets Contract Extension: "I Think Over The Course Of My Career I've Never Been A Free Agent Before… I Just Want To Take My Time With It."

Stadium Astro

View the original article to see embedded media.

James Harden is a crucial component of the Brooklyn Nets big three. He molded his game to fit with his scoring-oriented co-stars when he came to Brooklyn, becoming more of a playmaking point guard rather than a volume scorer. There's no doubt that he's a key cog in the team's offense.

As of right now, James Harden is set to be a free agent at the end of this season if he declines his player option for the 2022-23 season. It is however possible that he could end up agreeing to a contract extension with the Brooklyn Nets. When speaking to Malika Andrews, James Harden mentioned that he wants to take his time with the decision to sign an extension, though he added it would be "very, very difficult" to leave Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. (1:22)

I think over the course of my career I've never been a free agent before. I've just always been loyal, and just signing contract extensions, and just being there... I just want to take my time with it. It's going to be very, very difficult to leave here. Or to even leave Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. I think this season I just want to focus on winning a championship, and everything else will work itself out.

The Brooklyn Nets are the favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference, and many even have them winning a championship. It's certainly hard to compete with the firepower of their superstars. Many thought that the Nets would make the Finals last season, but they were obviously derailed by injuries to James Harden and Kyrie Irving.

James Harden is one of the best players in the league, and he would definitely get offers from across the league if he were to become a free agent. However, there are certainly many appealing things about staying in Brooklyn, and perhaps we'll see the guard sign an extension at some point this season.


Post a Comment

0 Comments