LeBron James Is Ready To Win Another Championship: "I Can Feel The Energy, I Can Feel The Aura, And Now It's All About Putting In The Work."

Sports Illustrated

View the original article to see embedded media.

Ahead of the 2021-22 season, LeBron James and the Lakers are under enormous expectations.

With LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, and a talented cast of role players, they have the best roster in the West -- and are on the fast track to a deep playoff run.

Still, for one reason or another, people continue to doubt the Lakers and question their potential as a team. LeBron James is not one of them.

In a chat with the media on NBA Media Day, "the King" addressed his new roster, expressing much excitement about the upcoming campaign.

"I'm super excited. I know for sure I won't be able to sleep tonight just going into the first day of practice tomorrow. I love the group that we put together this summer and I love the growth of the guys that's coming back. And I can't wait. I can feel the energy, I can feel the aura, and now it's all about putting in the work -- it's all about trusting the process and working towards the process every single day. 

I love what we have and I'm looking forward to getting to work."

Last offseason, the Lakers made a number of notable changes, bringing in Dennis Schroder, Montreal Harrell, and Marc Gassol to replace Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo.

The result was an inconsistent run, that ended in the first round of postseason play.

This season, with the additions of Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, and more, the lakers are hoping to get back on the right track and reclaim their place at the top of the West.

The key, as always, is LeBron James. So long as he continues to push back Father Time, the Lakers have a good chance of raising that Larry O'Brien trophy in June.

The long journey starts now, and it's important to set the right tone early on.


Post a Comment

0 Comments