NBA Warriors: Warriors Have "Sincere Interest" In Isaiah Thomas

Lakers Daily

View the original article to see embedded media.

After spending the past two seasons in the Western Conference sewer, the Golden State Warriors are set to return to a state of contention.

With Steph Curry and Klay Thompson expected to return to full health, the franchise is hoping to make some significant noise in the playoffs.

And now, according to sources, the Warriors could be on the cusp of bringing in another proven scorer: 2x All-Star, Isaiah Thomas.

Also told Warriors have sincere interest in @isaiahthomas, sources said. The injury-plagued two-time NBA All-Star told @TheUndefeated he is "fully healthy now and can do everything I used to do and more." Thomas says he physically better now than in 2017 and is dunking again.

Thomas' career took a turn for the worst after suffering a hip injury late into the 2016-17 season. He decided to play through the injury, leading Boston to the Eastern Conference Finals. Unfortunately, that decision apparently led to some long-term consequences.

(via Bleacher Report)

"The only thing that I think they handled wrong was not explaining to me what the extent of my injury could be if I do play," Thomas said. "That was the biggest thing for me that I disliked. 'Cause nobody gave me no insight, 'OK, you do play, this can happen.'

I'm 5'9". If I don't play, they gonna forget about me," he added. "That's how I always felt, just being the smaller guard. I played through it, hurt myself even more."

Over the next few years, he got bounced around to several different teams, going from Cleveland to L.A., to Denver, Washington, and (finally) New Orleans.

He has yet to make a return to the league since his tenure with the Pelicans ended after 3 games in 2021, but he can still provide a major scoring punch off the bench for the Warriors.

We'll see if they decide to make the move.


Post a Comment

0 Comments