Nuggets Executive On If His Team Might Trade Jamal Murray For Ben Simmons: "Not Sure If That’s More Insulting To Jamal Or Us To Be Honest."

View the original article to see embedded media.

Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons is on the way out of Philadelphia, but where he'll end up next remains one of the great mysteries of the offseason.

Amid talks about a potential deal with the Timberwolves or Cavaliers, the Denver Nuggets recently surfaced as a possible destination, with Jamal Murray as the centerpiece of a potential trade.

In a chat with his sources, however, NBA Insider Matt More shot down those rumors.

Quick note: the general reaction from sources close to the Nuggets regarding reports that they are “frontrunners” for a Simmons deal is general confusion. “Who would we even trade?” is a common refrain.

I inquired about the suggested idea that Jamal Murray would be the centerpiece of a trade. “Not sure if that’s more insulting to Jamal or us to be honest” was the response.

Murray, 24, emerged as a star-level player in 2018, when he averaged 18.2 points per game for the Nuggets. Since then, he has served as a co-star to reigning MVP Nikola Jokic, helping Denver cement their status as a legitimate title contender over the past two years.

“I knew I was going to be here but now my goal is to be the greatest," said Jamal in October of 2020. "I wanna be the best player in the world… that’s my dream, my goal. That’s what I wanna accomplish. I knew I’ve always had the talent…. but to actually be here and actually have a chance at it, it gives me a lot of power. It gives me a lot of motivation.”

Near the end of the 2021 campaign, Murray tore his ACL, sidelining him for the entire postseason. He continues his recovery today.

In Philadelphia, the situation with Ben Simmons grows more volatile by the day. With tensions increasing on both sides, the urgency for the Sixers to find a new home for their disgruntled star grows.

Unfortunately, teams have been unwilling to cooperate with Philly's demands, and the Nuggets sound disgusted by the mere thought of giving up Murray for Ben.

So, the ongoing saga continues, with no clear resolution in sight.


Post a Comment

0 Comments