The Important Reason Why Charles Barkley Refuses To Be In NBA 2K

Credit: Getty Images

View the original article to see embedded media.

NBA 2K is the first choice for most fans, who want to enjoy basketball games. Over the years, its popularity has increased at a crazy level. While the game has many perks, there are some obvious flaws in it.

For starters, fans have been complaining about 2K not making the MyCareer mode interesting, along with inaccurate ratings of many players. But having a rating is better than not being in the game at all.

Several retired NBA players are missing from the game and fans have always wondered why. NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley is among those guys and he has a pretty good reason for it.

Via Sports Illustrated.

"The reason I am not on 2K is because they would not give me money. They make a lot of money on that game. What I said to them was we as players have not done enough for the retired players association. We told the 2K people that our job is to take care of the older players. I don’t even want any money. I said, 'Let’s come up with an amount of money for you to give to the retired players union.' They said, 'Well we get all the guys the same.' And I said, 'Well, we ain’t all the same.' I told them they make a gazillon dollars on that game. They said, 'Well we are not going to do that.'"

Barkley further continued, "So I’m not giving them the right to use my license until they come up with a fair number. I’m not trying to be a pig or greedy. They should donate the money to the retired players. If they would give a million dollars a year to retired players union, they can use my likeness."

Chuck revealed his stance about not being on NBA 2K a few years ago. Fast forward to 2021, he has remained true to his words and is yet to feature in the game. 

At the end of the day, he has a pretty important reason for his decision. Fans might be disappointed not to see one of their favorite players in the game, but there is hardly anyone who'd argue that Chuck's reasons are not worthy of taking a stand.


Post a Comment

0 Comments