Zion Williamson Declares The Pelicans Won't Miss The Playoffs Again: "It's Not Happening Again. It's Not Happening No More."

via Chris Graythen/Getty Images

View the original article to see embedded media.

The New Orleans Pelicans are a team that disappointed last season. Many people had them making the playoffs, as they had Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram, both of whom are All-Stars. However, the Pelicans fell far short of the goal, and even missed the play-in tournament, as they finished in 11th place in the Western Conference.

Missing the playoffs is certainly not a good feeling for any star, and that includes Zion Williamson. Williamson described not being able to participate in the playoffs as "a sickening feeling" and vowed that the Pelicans missing the playoffs is "not happening no more". Williamson also added that he wants to do his part "and more" in order for the team to make it to the postseason. Oleh Kosel of The Bird Writes relayed Williamson's words.

“It was a sickening feeling,” Williamson told Joel Meyers and Antonio Daniels on a SiriusXM Radio interview earlier this week. “We weren’t in the playoffs — and I’m watching the playoffs — I’m like, man, we can be there. Like I know we can be there this year. Man, something just took over me and I was like, yeah, it’s not happening again. It’s not happening no more.

“When I started training, everything, from every rep, everything just felt personal. Everything was like, nah, nothing this year is going to stop us from getting into the playoffs. Like, we’re going to do this. I’m going to make sure I do my part and more, to make sure my teammates see me working.”

The New Orleans Pelicans have made some solid roster moves, adding great rotational players such as Devonte' Graham and Jonas Valanciunas to their roster. It just seemed as though nothing went right for the team last season, but things are starting to look up.

Zion Williamson has recently stated that anybody who knows him knows that he loves New Orleans. It seems as though Zion Williamson is ready to bring the city he loves some success, and hopefully, he is able to achieve that goal.


Post a Comment

0 Comments