Pau Gasol Doesn't Care About NBA 75 Snub: "I Don't Really Care Too Much About Lists."

Credit: USATSI
View the original article to see embedded media.

Pau Gasol is a Los Angeles Lakers legend. He's a 6-time All-Star and a 4-time All-NBA selection. As a center, he had a really versatile game, being a great rim protector while being able to do a little bit of everything on the offensive end. He was an integral part of the 2009 and 2010 titles for the Los Angeles Lakers, and Kobe Bryant wouldn't have won without Pau Gasol.

However, despite all of Pau Gasol's achievements, he was not selected to the all-time NBA 75 list. However, that doesn't seem to bother Pau Gasol too much. In a recent interview with Melissa Rohlin of Fox Sports, Pau Gasol stated that he doesn't "care too much" about those lists, which he called "subjective".

"I don't really care too much about lists," he said. "I think, to a certain degree, they're very subjective. I'm really happy about how I played through my NBA career and the impact that I've had on my teams and teammates, and that's what I care about. Lists, at the end of the day, are to create maybe a little controversy or a little talk here and there, and that's OK. That's part of the sport, and that's how it should be. So I'm not offended by any means. And if I would've been on the list, I wouldn't think that I'm better than some of the many other great players that are not on the list."

While some other players, such as Klay Thompson, have expressed disdain at getting snubbed from the list, it's clear that Pau Gasol is okay with being left off, while understanding what he achieved.

It remains to be seen if Pau Gasol will get included in any of those future lists. He is a future Hall of Famer, and he definitely has a case to be in the all-time top 100, which will likely happen in the league's 100th anniversary season.


Post a Comment

0 Comments