Kemba Walker Breaks Silence On Being Left Out Of The Knicks Rotation: "Always Been A Team Guy First. I Love Being Around My Teammates And I'm Gonna Cheer Them On Till I Can't Anymore."

View the original article to see embedded media.

Fans at the Madison Square Garden were thrilled to hear their team has acquired the services of veteran guard Kemba Walker. While he had a bright start to the season, his performances started to dip, especially on defense.

Head coach Tom Thibodeau prides himself in the defensive ability of his team and does not hesitate to make the necessary changes if he is not getting the desired outcome. That is exactly what happened in the case of Walker, as Thibodeau removed him altogether from the Knicks rotation because of his defensive inefficiency.

Walker has missed three games since the decision was made and they have lost all three. Speaking for the first time since he was removed from the rotation, he said:

"I could be pissed. I could be upset, but at the end of the day, there are some young guys here who look up to me. Pretty sure they wanted to see how I reacted to the situation."

"Maybe I can be a role model in that aspect. Like I said, it was tough for me. But at the end of the day, it's not just about me. I'm a team guy first, I've always been. You can ask anybody who I've ever played with. Always been a team guy first. I love being around my teammates and I'm gonna cheer them on till I can't anymore."

There is no timeline for Walker's return, but the combo guard is more than happy to cheer his team on and trusts his coach. The Knicks will face off against the San Antonio Spurs, who just pulled off a major upset over the Golden State Warriors, on Tuesday.

In 18 games played, Walker is averaging 11.7 points, 2.6 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 1.1 steals. Hopefully, he can impress the coach and at least get back into the rotation before fighting for his starting role. It is also worth pointing out that there have been rumors around a potential trade involving Walker and the Houston Rockets John Wall.


Post a Comment

0 Comments