Steve Kerr Says Steph Curry Is Like Michael Jordan: "There Are So Many Moments That Stand Out That They All Kind Of Bleed Together..."

Fadeaway World

View the original article to see embedded media.

As a 7x All-Star, 2x MVP, and 3x Champion, Steph Curry often draws a lot of comparisons to other basketball elites.

Most recently, Steve Kerr mentioned him in the same breath as Michael Jeffrey Jordan, stating that their mountain of great moments 'bleed together.'

"I think Steph in a lot of ways is like Michael Jordan because there are so many moments that stand out that they all kind of bleed together. ... Maybe that's the true sign of greatness.

It's hard to even fathom where this (3-pointers) record will stand when he retires. He will obliterate it. ... It's sort of mind-numbing."

Jordan played much differently than Curry does today, but his catalog of amazing highlights is unmatched. From the 'flu-game' to 'the shrug,' MJ was a guy who never shied away from the big moments and who could always be counted on to lead.

Curry shares a lot of those attributes. No matter what obstacles lie in his path, or what the doubters whisper in his ear, Steph stays true to who he is and continues to show the world what he's made of.

"The reason why Steph is my favorite player is because I have never seen anybody do it like he does," said Shaquille O'Neal. "A lot of people think I am a hater or whatever, but its not that I’m a hater. It’s just that I have seen real greatness. If you not equal or above that, you get no props from me. Steph Curry, I’ve never seen it. I would actually go pay to see him. And the more I hate on him, the more he shuts me up."

In his 13th season, Curry is once again putting up MVP numbers, averaging 27.7 points, 6.5 assists, and 5.6 rebounds per game on 43.9% shooting.

More impressively, the Warriors are 20-4 in the West, tied for the NBA's best record.

It remains to be seen how far Curry can lead the Dubs this time, but his talent, passion, and relentless drive to win have fueled this team to victory plenty of times before. Who is to say he can't do it again?


Post a Comment

0 Comments