Pau Gasol Explains Why He And Kobe Bryant Had Insane Chemistry

Pau Gasol reveals the source of his chemistry with Kobe Bryant.

Credit: Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports

Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol were an iconic Los Angeles Lakers duo in the late 2000s, winning titles together in 2009 and 2010. Many praised the duo's chemistry, and they seemed like the perfect fit with one another.

Recently, Pau Gasol explained why he had elite chemistry with Kobe Bryant. He noted that it was all bout the "timing" in their careers, stating that both players simply wanted to win championships. Mark Medina of NBA.com relayed the news.

"It was timing in our careers. He understood to be considered one of the best of all time that he needed more championships. He wanted more championships. Michael [Jordan] was his idol and role model. He wanted to get the fourth and fifth to tie Magic and go past Shaq and six to tie Michael. That was his goal. You need to have those types of goals and motivations to actually get them. I came from Memphis and a situation where I had never had the opportunity to win a title. I was hungry as well."

There is no doubt that this explanation makes sense, and it is clear that both players had a similar mentality and approach to winning. Their partnership was legendary, and their chemistry was a huge part of why they managed to win two championships.

In his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers, Pau Gasol averaged 17.9 PPG, 9.9 RPG, and 3.5 APG. He was a fantastic secondary star for Kobe Bryant, and his jersey is now deservedly retired by the franchise.


Pau Gasol Admitted That Kobe Bryant Impacted His Life

There is no doubt that there is a huge deal of respect from Pau Gasol towards Kobe Bryant. In fact, the center previously opened up on the impact Bryant had on his life, stating that he "inspired" him to be a better player and man.

"I can't go long without talking about the person and the face I don't see. The brother that elevated me, inspired me and challenged me to be a better player and to be a better man overall. I miss him. I miss him so much like many of us do, I love him. I wish he was here with Gigi, I really do. But I think he'd be proud and he was looking forward to this moment. I love you, brother."

Kobe Bryant was a player that was an inspiration to many, including his own teammates. His desire to win and hard-working mentality was admirable, and Pau Gasol was able to witness it firsthand.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments