Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits He Is Cheap For Himself But Not For His Family: "I Give Them More Than I Give Myself"

Giannis Antetokounmpo has become one of the faces of the NBA, having already won a championship and Finals MVP along with two MVPs at the age of 28. 

His success has also resulted in monetary rewards, Giannis has earned $188 million in NBA salary already and is owed nearly $150 million over the next three seasons. But the question remains of how he treats his money, whether he is cheap or not. He answered that on Serge Ibaka's show, 'How Hungry Are You?'

“Um, cheap for myself? Yes. Like, for me, I don’t care. I don’t care for material. But for my family, no. When it comes to my family, I give them more than I give myself.”

View the original article to see embedded media.

That is a beautiful way to live, Giannis is a role model for a lot of young stars with that attitude. Earning hundreds of millions might lead to people feeling entitled and forgetting where they came from, but the Greek Freak is far from being like that. 

Giannis Antetokounmpo didn't have an easy childhood, his family didn't have a lot of money. It's such an amazing story that it has been made into a movie by Disney Plus. That kind of background all but ensures that someone like Antetokounmpo would take care of his family before he ever looked out for himself. 


Giannis Antetokounmpo Revealed That His Mentality Never Changed Despite Becoming An Overnight Millionaire

Compared to his later contracts, Giannis earning a little over $1.5 million for his first three years in the NBA doesn't seem like a lot. But for someone that had come from the streets, it was more money than he had ever seen. And Antetokounmpo explained how his mind never changed despite his circumstances

"I don’t think I’ve ever told anyone: The transition was so quick that the mentality never changed. I wasn’t really known at the time, so it wasn’t like people were saying: You’ll make it to the NBA in two to three years.'

"It’s like taking a homeless guy and then suddenly putting him in a 20,000-square-foot home. He doesn’t feel homeless because he’s in the house and all of that, but his habits and mentality are still the same."

Giannis Antetokounmpo is on pace to be a billionaire by the time he retires, and if he continues to exercise financial prudence, that will happen sooner rather than later. It will be fun to see what he does with his money even after he retires from the game in a decade or so. 

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments