Shaquille O'Neal Reacts To Jeanie Buss' Decision To Exclude Him On The All-Time 5 Most Important Lakers

Shaquille O'Neal couldn't believe it when he saw Jeanie Buss exclude him from the All-Time 5 Most Important Los Angeles Lakers list.

Taking to Instagram, the former Lakers big man who won three championships with the side posted an image of Buss' list of Lakers, captioning it with a one-word reaction.

On a side note, we'd like to thank Shaq for using Fadeaway World's graphic to make his point.

View the original article to see embedded media.

Coming back, Buss had Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LeBron James, Magic Johnson, and Phil Jackson as her All-Time 5 most important Lakers, and honestly, that list without Shaq is incomplete and shocking. It's fair that the rest of the names have had legacy runs with the Lakers, but so did the center who was instrumental in their three-peat from 2000-02.

Here's a quick look at the numbers, In his eight seasons with LA, Shaq averaged 27.0 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 0.6 steals, and 2.5 blocks. Apart from his three NBA rings and three Finals MVPs he also made seven All-Star Games, five All-NBA First Team selections, and three All-Defensive-Team nominations during his stint with the Lakers. A

This just adds to why the list without Shaq is absurd.


Shaquille O'Neal Has Earlier Shared His Opinion On Being Left Off The List

In 2021, Jeanie Buss was asked on Showtime's All The Smoke' to share her list of the five All-Time important Lakers and her aforementioned names had a notable absentee in Shaquille O'Neal.

Shaq shared his two cents on the episode of his podcast, The Big Podcast with Shaq and said his younger self may have been offended by the omission, but not the man who was now retired.

"I love Jeanie Buss. I have never, would never say anything negative about Jeanie Buss," Shaq said. "She gave me $120 million, $100 million, another $80 million. I would never, ever in my life say anything negative about Jeanie Buss and the Buss family. That is her opinion. I respect her opinion ... Look, I'm not mad about that. Listen, she's Jeanie Buss, that's her opinion. If you ask other people, the names will vary.

"At 49, I'm a lot more peaceful than I was. If I was 29, I would say, 'Hold on, LeBron's only been there 720 days. How you gonna put him before me?' But look, I'm 49, I respect people's opinions."

It does look like he's made his peace with it, but trust Shaq to have a priceless reaction when he saw our post.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments