Dirk Nowitzki Hilariously Roasts Steve Nash And Jason Kidd During HOF Induction: "I Would Have Really Loved To Play Together In Their Primes"

  • Dirk Nowitzki was inducted into the 2023 NBA Hall of Fame
  • He had lavish praises for his former teammates Steve Nash and Jason Kidd
  • Nowitzki also jokingly trolled the duo

Dallas Mavericks former superstar Dirk Nowitzki was part of the class of 2023 who were enshrined in the NBA Hall of Fame on Saturday night, and in his speech, he had wholesome tributes for his teammates Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. 

And while at it, in trademark Nowitzki style, he had some jokes coming into the audience's way when he pulled Nash and Kidd's legs that even saw the two in splits.

“I would have really loved to play together with [Nash and Kidd] in their primes, but unfortunately, I had to deal with what they gave me.”

But prior to that, he had some brilliant words about the two:

“Creativity is worth nothing without leadership, and the guy that comes to my mind is my friend, Steve," Nowitzki said. "I think we came a long way from those two brutal haircuts we saw there. The frosted tips you had. But, who would have thought when we first started playing together that we would both be on this stage together? It means the world to me, and you were a great role model to me. Best teammate I ever had. You were always positive, you always encouraged me. We worked our butts off at night, went back to the gym, and you became a friend for life. Thank you, my friend.”

And then it was some lavish praise heading Kidd's way:

“Next up for me, was, I had to learn my competitiveness and who better but my guy J-Kidd? I’ll always remember when you came to us, you were already a little older, but you were a warrior," Nowitzki said. "I remember you picking up guys at age 37, 38 picking up guys full court. 94 feet, hustling for us. Making plays on both ends, and you were just a wonderful, wonderful all-around player, and we won the championship together. We have a bond for life. Thank you so much."

Both Nowitzki and Nash arrived in Dallas in 1998 and spent six years forming a deadly duo. In his six seasons with the side, Nash averaged 14.6 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 7.2 assists. And in their six-year journey together, they forged a strong friendship.

Kidd played four and a half seasons with Nowitzki, which also included their impressive 2011 title run. Safe to say, the big man played with two of the best guards in league history.


Dirk Nowitzki Is Truly One Of The Greatest European Stars In The NBA

Dirk Nowitzki's resume is as decorated as it can get. He was a 14x All-Star, 12x All-NBA player, and NBA champion. In his 21 seasons with the Dallas Mavericks, he cemented himself as a franchise legend.

The rise of Nowitzki was truly seen in 2011 when he led the Mavericks to an upset win against the Miami Heat's Big 3 of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

There is no doubt that the German-born player was one of the greatest players to play in the NBA. To date, he is an inspiration for the likes of other European stars who are part of the league.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments