Zion Williamson Gets Emotional When Talking About His Signature Shoe

Following the release of his first-ever signature shoe, Zion Williamson spoke to the media, detailing his journey that led up to the surreal moment.

While Zion’s path to the NBA involved many different people, he credited his family the most for his success,

“It’s one of those things where I look at my mom, I look at my older brother, I look at my stepfather — especially my stepfather,” Williamson said. “I just kinda go to him and my mom and just say, ‘thank you.’ All those countless hours in the gym. All those dreams. All the wins, all the losses. Crazy journey, moving a lot. They saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself. I’m forever grateful for that.”

Williamson has already emerged as one of the best players in basketball. With averages of 26.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game, he is living up to expectations so far.

And while it remains to be seen what more he’ll be able to do going forward, it’s important to note that Zion hasn’t forgotten where he came from. He recognizes the journey, appreciates the grind, and credits those who have supported him through the years.

Hopefully, that will keep him grounded as he continues his NBA journey.


Post a Comment

0 Comments