Isaiah Thomas Says Boston Celtics Never Told Him About The Long-Term Risk Of Playing Through Hip Injury

View the original article to see embedded media.

Isaiah Thomas was a two-time All-Star during his time with the Boston Celtics. He was well known for his 2016-17 season, where he averaged 28.9 PPG and 5.9 APG and was a top 5 MVP candidate. That season with the Boston Celtics was magical for Thomas, and he showed the ability to score well in the fourth quarter, earning him the nickname "The King in the Fourth".

However, Isaiah Thomas suffered a hip injury that derailed his career during his prime years. On a recent podcast episode of All The Smoke, Isaiah Thomas revealed that the Boston Celtics didn't tell him about the long-term risks of playing through his original hip injury. (46:42)

The only thing that I think they handled wrong was not explaining to me what the extent of my injury could be if I do play. That was the biggest thing for me that I disliked. ‘Cause nobody gave me no insight, ‘OK, you do play, this can happen.'

“If you’re gonna tell me it’s a bone bruise, I’m playing 10 times out of 10.

Isaiah Thomas missed out on a max contract due to his hip injury, and it is understandable that he was hurt when he was traded from the Boston Celtics while injured. He is a free agent currently, and perhaps he could help a team in the future.


Post a Comment

0 Comments