Draymond Green Thought Miami Heat Or Chicago Bulls Would Draft Him, Not Golden State Warriors

View the original article to see embedded media.

It took him a while but once Steve Kerr took a chance on him, Draymond Green became one of the most versatile players in the league.

Starting over a bona fide player like David Lee wasn’t an easy thing for a second-round pick. Green ended up earning the nod mostly thanks to an injury but once he slid into that starting lineup, there was no going back.

But Draymond Green didn’t even think that he would play for the Warriors in the first place. As a matter of fact, he recently admitted that he thought he was going to be drafted by the Miami Heat or Chicago Bulls:

“I’m a very deep thinker. When I was going through pre-draft, I was thinking about where I would go. For some strange reason, in a conversation with myself, I said ‘I know I won’t end up in the state of California.’ Ironically, I got drafted to the Warriors and it was the most mind-boggling thing. I had never left the state of Michigan so I was extremely home-sick going out there. I thought I would go to the Heat or Bulls just because of what I was hearing during the draft process, but I didn't think I would end up in California,” Green said on an AMA with Bleacher Report.

I guess it’s pretty safe to say that Green settled perfectly in California. He became the Warriors’ defensive anchor and a top-notch playmaker and one of the main reasons why they were able to win 3 NBA Championships over 5 years.

It’s crazy to think how his career could’ve played out if he had joined the Miami Heat or Chicago Bulls instead. Chances are that the history of the league as we know it would be quite different.


Post a Comment

0 Comments