Giannis Antetokounmpo Explains Why He Doesn't Watch Basketball At Home: "The Way My Brain Operates, All I Think About Is Basketball. So I Don't Need To Talk More."

View the original article to see embedded media.

Giannis Antetokounmpo has some curious rules for his house. The Milwaukee Bucks superstar is all about basketball, but he doesn’t want to know anything about it when he’s home, playing with his first-born Liam Charles.

The Greek Freak is getting ready to face the Brooklyn Nets’ Big 3 in the Eastern Conference semifinals. But, he doesn’t want to know more about the NBA and has asked people to stop talking about the beautiful game.

Why? Because that’s everything he thinks of during the day. Giannis told reporters that he just want to relax when he’s home, not keep thinking about the rest of the league and what they’re doing.

"I don't get texts. I leave my phone in my room and I turn off the notifications. I go sit on the couch with my son. I don't watch the games, Do not pay attention to basketball. All I care is about, how can I get better, how can I help my team? And sometimes, you know, my girlfriend or my brother, they tell me... Washington won last night. And then I be like, 'hey, we're not talking about basketball in this house. This household, we don't talk about basketball.' You know what? Because the way my brain operates, all I think about is basketball, so I don't need to talk more. I'm gonna drive myself crazy, right?"

This is an excellent strategy from the two-time NBA MVP. Giannis and his Bucks will meet the Brooklyn Nets in the second round of the playoffs. Good thing he doesn’t watch basketball at home because those Nets looked scary in the first round.

Still, the Bucks also earned their stripes, sweeping the Miami Heat, demonstrating that things are different for them this season.


Post a Comment

0 Comments