LeBron James Hater Vandalizes Space Jam 2 Mural In Akron

View the original article to see embedded media.

LeBron James is, by far, the biggest name in the NBA. He might even be the biggest name in sports.

With a worldwide influence and billions of dollars to spend, he has built an empire that will last for ages.

His latest project, 'Space Jam: A New Legacy" was his most ambitious yet, featuring James taking up Michael Jordan's mantle as the star of his very own sports film.

It marks the first time LeBron has made the transition into Hollywood and a sign that he's made for a life in the spotlight.

Unfortunately, that life often comes with negativity and hate -- two things which James is no stranger to.

Just earlier this week, someone vandalized a LeBron mural in Akron, Ohio, the site of his own hometown.

The mural, which was obviously a nod at the Space Jam sequel, was marked with the phrase "LA FLOP" across the wall, a final message of hatred by the vandal.

The artist did end up responding to the situation, calling out the person responsible and questioning their motives:

First thing I’m going to say is this will not stop me!! I saw what happened to my mural and whoever did it should think about this.. why would you even take time out of your day to go fuck up what someone else did for the community? Did that make you feel good? I took my time on this.. but you know what? I left my mark. Wether it was one of my haters or Lebrons haters, I don’t wish harm on nobody. I’m still going to keep going and do great things. I hope you know that this is not going to stop me! It’s all love

It's not the first time LBJ-inspired artwork has gotten destroyed, and it won't be the last.

Haters are gonna hate, and that's just the sad and unfortunate reality of life. Whoever it was that decided to ruin someone's hard work over pure animosity should be ashamed.

But for the artist, and no doubt LeBron himself, dealing with this type of behavior is nothing new, and they're more than equipped to deal with it.


Post a Comment

0 Comments