LeBron James: "I Truly Hope That I Can Finish My Career With The Lakers. However Many Years That Is, If It's Four, Five, Six, Whatever, Seven, I Hope I Can Continue To Play The Game."

View the original article to see embedded media.

LeBron James is set to finish his NBA career with his current team, the Los Angeles Lakers. The forward landed in L.A. in 2018 trying to revitalize the franchise, doing an outstanding job. 

They couldn't win the championship this season, getting kicked out by the Phoenix Suns in the first round of the playoff. Still, the purple and gold remain favorites in the Western Conference ahead of the 2021/22 season. Bron is still playing at a high level, and we don't know when he'll start to slow down. He's trying to make the most out of every season, and nobody knows where he'll retire, not even him. 

However, the only certainty is that James wants to finish his career with the Lakers, regardless of how many years he'll have to play. Talking on the “Smartless” podcast with Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Sean Hayes, Bron revealed his plans for the future. 

“I truly hope that I can finish my career with the Lakers. However many years that is, if it’s four, five, six, whatever, seven, I hope I can continue to play the game,” James said, via Silver Screen and Roll. “I love being in L.A., my family loves being in L.A. Being with a historical franchise like the Lakers is something... It’s like me being in “Space Jam” — I never thought it would be possible. You think about Kareem, and Magic, and Wilt, and Jerry West and Elgin Baylor, Kobe, Shaq and all of them, the whole list goes on.”

Even though he's 36, LeBron is still one of the best players in the world. Injuries messed with him this season, ruining his plans to win back-to-back titles. He'll try to get revenge next season and demonstrate that nothing has changed. 

He wants to play with Bronny James in the league, too, and as long as he keeps this level, that possibility gets more likely. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments