LeBron James Reveals His Greatest Accomplishment: "Being A Dad."

NBA.com

View the original article to see embedded media.

LeBron James has accomplished a lot over the course of his 18-year career. As a 17x All-Star, 17x All-NBA player, 4x MVP, and 4x NBA Champion, there really isn't much he hasn't done when it comes to the game of basketball.

Even outside the game, he has more than most could imagine, including giving back to the community, building his own school, and starring in his own Hollywood movie.

But when describing his greatest accomplishment of all, he did not name any of his awards or accolades. He did not mention the millions and millions of dollars he has sitting in his bank account.

Instead, he pointed to his role as a father as his greatest accomplishment.

“For me, being a dad, it’s the ultimate,” he continued, “To see my kids continue to grow into their own every single day. Ever since I was a kid, I can’t wait to be a dad someday and be able to lead and guide. With what I do, it keeps me on the road a lot, it keeps me away from home. That’s one of the biggest challenges for me, to be present in any way, shape, or form. There’s nothing that I’ve done in my life that will ever be able to top what being a dad is.”

LeBron is more than a global sports icon, he's a family man.

Over the years, no matter how big his fame and reputation have gotten, he has always taken the time to spend with his wife and children, often making them the center of his world.

In fact, he often shares the platform with his children, often sharing some of their moments with the world.

Sometimes, it can be easy for basketball superstars to get caught up in the glamour of their lifestyle. But James has, somehow, stayed true to who he is, and has never let himself forget what he cares about most.

It's a true inspiration for dads everywhere, and no doubt another thing that makes LeBron such a strong role model today.


Post a Comment

0 Comments