Trae Young On Motivation From Luka Doncic Comparisons: "My Mindset Is Not Luka. I Wanna Be An All-Time Great In This Game."

View the original article to see embedded media.

The comparisons between Trae Young and Luka Doncic were always going to happen, ever since the Atlanta Hawks executed the draft-day trade. It remains to be seen how the trade turns out for both teams. It seems as though it has been a win-win for both sides, as both players have become superstars in their own right.

Trae Young has recently commented on the comparisons between him and Luka Doncic, and whether they motivate him. Young suggested that he is more interested in becoming an all-time great, rather than focusing his mind on Luka Doncic specifically. He listed Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, and Chris Paul as examples of the all-time greats he wants to surpass.

Not as much as people want it to be. People want it to be me vs him & for me personally, I'm trying to... I'm competing with Allen Iverson. I’m competing with Steve Nash, Chris Paul. My mindset is not Luka... Everybody wants to do whatever but I wanna be an all-time great in this game and I wanna be someone who is looked like at as an idol, and someone who can be a good role model. So that's my main job, and I mean everybody else want to do all the comparison stuff, that ain't for me. I wanna be in that category. I'm not there yet, and I've got a long way to go. That's the mentality I have I'm tryna chase those guys.

The Atlanta Hawks have reached the Eastern Conference Finals this season, and there is no question that he has a bright future in the NBA. Trae Young is already one of the best players in the league, and he has shown that he can lead his team deep into the playoffs. It seems that there are only good things to come.

The Eastern Conference has gotten stronger, with the Chicago Bulls making big moves and creating another big three in the Eastern Conference by adding former All-Star DeMar DeRozan to the fold. Hopefully, the Hawks have enough firepower to compete, but with Trae Young they have a chance against any opponents.


Post a Comment

0 Comments