Carmelo Anthony Sheds Light On Infamous Knicks-Nuggets Brawl: “Isiah Got Beef With George Karl. I Don’t Know What The F*** Beef Is, But They Got Beef.”

View the original article to see embedded media.

Carmelo Anthony and his Denver Nuggets starred in one of the most infamous brawls in recent NBA history. This altercation between the Colorado team and the New York Knicks wasn’t as controversial as ‘The Malice at the Palace,’ but these two squads made some headlines with their antics.

Anthony, JR Smith, Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries, and more were involved in this altercation that cost some players severe suspensions.

15 years after that, fans are yet to discover new details of this brawl, and Melo provided some info on what happened before things went wrong. During a recent interview with Million Dollaz Worth of Game, the Los Angeles Lakers star recalled that Isiah Thomas (then Knicks head coach) had some issues with George Karl, which ultimately led to this fight.

“Isiah got beef with George Karl. I don’t know what the f*** beef is, but they got beef. So in the game, Isiah looks at me and says, ‘Yo, nobody go to the hole.’ We on the free throw line, the ball comes off, we get the rebound, we throw it to JR Smith. We up, we bustin’ they ass, we blowin’ them up. JR was about to do something crazy on the break, and all I see is this kid (Mardy Collins) runs full speed on the court and grabs JR out the air.”

Melo then admitted that he called Thomas out for his attitude.

“I look at Isiah, ‘You a sucker for that.’ You don’t do no s*** like that. You a sucker for that. Now, JR and Nate Robinson are in the crowd. I run over there, coaches and players are grabbing me, I’m like ‘Nobody touch me!’ And then I think Jared Jeffries or somebody grabbed my neck and I blacked!”

This situation quickly got out of control when everybody needed to calm down. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen and we had one of the worst scenes in the NBA in the past two decades.

Ironically, Anthony would join the Knicks a couple of seasons later, becoming the team’s figure until things fell apart and he was traded out of the Madison Square Garden. Still, Melo left a huge mark on the Knicks' history, being the last star that enchanted fans at MSG before a group of young ballers did it last campaign. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments