Draymond Green On His Relationship With Kevin Durant: "I Think There Was A Time Period Where My Number Might Have Been Blocked From His Phone."

Sports Illustrated

View the original article to see embedded media.

At this point, the beef between Kevin Durant and Draymond Green is pretty common knowledge.

While the two have worked things out recently, they had a falling out in Golden State that no doubt contributed at least somewhat to Durant's exit from the team.

Speaking on Carmelo Anthony’s What’s In Your Glass? podcast, Draymond shed some light on what life was like after his altercation with KD.

“I think there was a time period of where he wasn’t trying to say nothin’ to me. I think there was a time period where my number might have been blocked from his phone. I think there was a time period where I could only talk to him through Instagram DM,” Green revealed, via Dan Feldman of NBC Sports. “But I ain’t never hit him on no like, “D***, you got a new number?” or “Yo, did you block me?” If I can only talk to you on Instagram DM, then that’s where I’m going to talk to you at. Because ultimately, it’s your decision on whatever terms we’re going to be on.”

The altercation that started it all happened during the middle of the 2018-19 season, when the two teammates got into a verbal debate on the sidelines during a game. Things got personal between the two and only got worse when the team tried to step in and demand an apology from Draymond.

“I laughed in their, literally, laughed in their face,” Green said on an exclusive interview courtesy of Bleacher Report.

It took a while for their relationship to heal, but Draymond was willing to wait as long as it took.

“The terms I wanna be on is that you my brother, I love you, I got nothin’ but love for you, and we can continue to build our relationship,” Green added. “But if that’s not where you’re at, I had to respect that.”

“Once that moment was over, I’m past the moment,” said Green. “Now, but in that situation, it’s not up to me to be past the moment, which is why ultimately, everything that happens from that situation is ultimately up to him. And I think one of the reasons we could reconcile our relationship and get back close and have a relationship again, is because I did approach it that way.”

Nowadays, they seem on good terms, so all of their "beef" is in the past now. Still, it's interesting to see just how screwed up things were for a while.


Post a Comment

0 Comments