Paul George On Being The No. 1 Option For Clippers: "I'm Really Going Into This Year As This Being One Of My Most Complete Seasons"

Clipperholics

View the original article to see embedded media.

Even though the Los Angeles Clippers didn't make big moves this offseason and will miss Kawhi Leonard for a big part of the upcoming campaign, they are still considered one of the best teams in the Western Conference. 

The Clips were able to keep their core from last season, and this one, they'll try to improve their performance. The 2020/21 term was historical for them, reaching the Conference Finals for the first time. 

Next year, the goal will be bigger, as they aim to play in the Finals. Without Kawhi Leonard, Paul George will be responsible for leading the Clippers to the promised land, although not everybody thinks they can get past city rivals Los Angeles Lakers and their Big 3. 

Talking about his new role in the Clippers, PG13 said he's ready to take on the challenge, as he showed last season, becoming the go-to guy for Tyronn Lue's team, posting very good numbers. 

"I'm really going into this year as this being one of my most complete seasons as far as doing a little bit of everything," George said, via Mark Medina of USA Today. "I think I proved it and showed it to myself during the playoffs."

"I saw what I needed to see, and I think this group proved what we can accomplish being down Kawhi," George said. "So that was just enough. That was enough going into this summer knowing what I need to bring, what I need to add, what I need to work on. I'm ready. I'm ready for the fight for this year. I've been in this position, so it gives me a level of comfort being the number one guy to start, and I'm ready to lead."

George averaged 26.9 PPG, 9.6 RPG and 5.4 APG in last year's playoffs, taking the Clippers to the WCF. They were able to win two games against the Phoenix Suns, but Kawhi's absence was too much against Chris Paul, Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton. 

They made some interesting moves this offseason, hoping to have a bigger chance at the championship. If Leonard returns at some point in the season, they'll have more chances to win. Meanwhile, George will try to carry them as far as he can. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments