Russell Westbrook On Lakers Role: "My Job Is To Make Sure LeBron, AD Are Competing At The Highest Level, And Making My Teammates Better."

View the original article to see embedded media.

Russell Westbrook is ready to start a new chapter in his career with the 2020 NBA champions Los Angeles Lakers. Following a disappointing 2020/21 NBA season, the purple and gold went out to find alternatives. 

They formed a Big 3 with Westbrook, LeBron James, and Anthony Davis. This trio made the franchise title favorites, and they're all set to bring the 18th NBA title to Los Angeles. 

Still, there are doubts about Westbrook's fit with LeBron, as they have similar play styles and need the ball in their hands most of the time. But, James made it clear the team needs Russ to be himself and not change anything if they aspire to win the championship. 

Westbrook is on the same page, claiming that his job is to make his teammates better and be sure they're playing at the best level. 

"You come to a new team and guys welcome you with open arms. I take it as a sense of I know I have a job, I know I have to go out and compete, but alongside that, I'mma make sure that I take that and make sure I make those guys better, so my job is to make sure I uplift Bron, AD, make sure those guys are competing at the highest level and making sure I make my teammates around me better."

Russ and co. are committed to the team. They know they have a big responsibility this year and are taking things very seriously. The Lakers are expected to compete in the 2022 NBA Finals, and with this mentality, they are on the right path. 

Brodie is trying to win his first championship and seeing how talented this team is, he has a big chance to do so next year. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments