Zach LaVine On His Future In Chicago: "If They Want Me Here, I’m Not Going Anywhere."

Daily Knicks

Zach LaVine and the Chicago Bulls don't have a whole lot to show for their 4-year partnership.

Without even a single playoff appearance in that stretch, the Bulls are far from where they want to be in the East, and LaVine is no closer to becoming a Champion than he was in Minnesota.

Under those circumstances, it's only natural that any star would start dreaming of greener pastures, just like many others have done before him.

LaVine, however, doesn't seem too keen on leaving.

If it's any consolation for Bulls fans, ESPN Chicago radio analyst David Kaplan said that the young star himself has been telling people he's more than content wearing a Bulls jersey for the foreseeable future.

“He has told people that I know: ‘Hey man, if they want me here, I’m not going anywhere. I’m building this thing. I’m the first guy in the door. I wanna be part of this.'”

The Bulls have yet to offer Zach LaVine an extension this season, and while things appear tense on that front, LaVine has expressed his desire to get a deal done.

"With me, I try to let my agent handle everything. But as long as it gets done, I'll be happy. I mean, obviously, I want to be with the Bulls and you don't want to implicate, you know, free agency, and I understand, like the cap room that goes into it with a sizable extension with me. So, I want the team to be good, but then I also want to be taken care of as well. I feel like I've done really well by the Bulls, and obviously I want to be here long-term, and I feel like I deserve what I get. So, it is what it is. We'll figure (it) out when that comes. If it's this year, next year, we'll just see what happens."

Zach, 26, averaged 27.4 points and 5 rebounds per game last season, his first as an All-Star.

With few holes in his game offensively, he could be in for another breakout season starting in October.

For the Bulls, their priority has to be reaching an agreement on that extension, or they could risk losing all the progress they've made over the past few years.


Post a Comment

0 Comments