Carmelo Anthony Jokes About Retirement And Tom Brady: "Tom Brady Has An Offensive Line! I Ain’t Playing Until 50!"

View the original article to see embedded media.

Carmelo Anthony is a legendary scorer who will without a doubt be a Hall of Famer when he retires. He has recently signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, in the hope of winning a championship in the twilight of his career.

While it is clear that Carmelo Anthony is still a capable basketball player who can contribute to winning, he is in the latter stages of his career. Recently, Carmelo Anthony was asked about how much longer he was going to play, with the reporter referencing Tom Brady in the process. Carmelo Anthony revealed that he hasn't thought about that, though he did mention that he wasn't planning to play until 50 like Tom Brady. (2:20)

No man. Honestly, I don't even think about it no more. Everybody's like year 19... I don't even think about it. It's basketball at this point... I'm still able to do what I do man, at a high clip... I'm still passionate about it, I haven't lost my passion. My love for the game I think now is at an all-time high... My passion isn't taken away from me right now

I'm ain't 40, I'm not 40 yet. Brady got an offensive line, they gonna protect Brady man. I don't want to play until 50, I'll tell you that.

There is no one in the history of the NBA that has managed to play until they're 50, and Carmelo Anthony definitely doesn't plan to be the first. However, he definitely has a few good years left in the league. It's definitely different in football, where quarterbacks like Tom Brady are able to play for very long, though Tom Brady is also an outlier there as well.

Carmelo Anthony will hope to win his first championship with the Los Angeles Lakers this season. He is the only player with 27000 points but no championship or MVP award. While an MVP may not be attainable at this stage of his career, there is a chance that the Los Angeles Lakers could win the championship with the veteran squad that they currently have. Hopefully, we see Carmelo Anthony win a ring at some point before he retires, and it'd certainly be a great way to cap off his career.


Post a Comment

0 Comments