Jaylen Brown Says His Body 'Hasn’t Felt The Same' Since Returning From COVID-19

MassLive.com

View the original article to see embedded media.

At first glance, Jaylen Brown seems to be in the best condition of his career.

Through 4 games so far this season, he's averaging 24.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game on 45% shooting, and that includes a 46-point performance on opening night.

Apparently, Jaylen is actually still feeling the impact of COVID-19, and he says his body has not felt the same since being infected.

(via ESPN)

“Like, I feel great. And then it feels like instead of playing one game, it kind of feels like I played three. I’m used to my body responding and recovering a lot faster. I know I just turned 25, but this can’t be what it looks like on the other side,” Brown said, per ESPN.

“As I continue to fight through it and continue to play more games and get the right stuff into my system, it will get better,” Brown added. “Right now it has been inconsistent. I think that’s obvious. But my body hasn’t felt the same.”

With the worst of the pandemic behind us now, it can be easy to forget how dangerous this virus really is. Besides the immediate effect it has, an infection can have long-lasting effects on the body.

Jaylen's teammate, Jayson Tatum, said he had to use an inhaler before every game after his bout with the sickness.

Jayson Tatum revealed he now has to take an inhaler to open up his lungs since he got COVID, something he has never had to do before.

"I for sure feel better now than I did a month ago."

Jaylen is just coming off quarantine, so it's understandable that he still feels a little off.

As for the Celtics, the jury is still out on how far they can get this season. But with Brown and Tatum getting better and healthier by the day, they'll definitely be a team to watch out for going forward.


Post a Comment

0 Comments