Montrezl Harrell Takes A Shot At The Lakers: "I Damn Near Felt Like I Had A Season Off."

New York Post

View the original article to see embedded media.

Montrezl Harrell's short-lived stint with the Lakers will not be remembered well in the eyes of the NBA community.

Amid all the hype about his arrival, he was expected to play a prominent role for the franchise, as a Sixth Man type of player off the bench for the squad. Instead, he became the subject of major scrutiny and criticism after it became clear that he was not a right fit for the team.

By the end of the season, the Lakers were dead set on moving him -- which they did as part of the trade for Russell Westbrook deal.

Now on the Wizards, Harrell recently reflected on his tenure in Lakerland, throwing some shade at how they utilized his talents on the court in a chat with the media.

"I didn't really get to be utilized how I wanted to be last year. I damn near felt like I had a season off."

In his lone season with the Purple and Gold, Harrell averaged 13.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game -- a far cry from his performance with the Clippers, which saw him put up over 18 points per game.

By all accounts, it was a partnership that was flawed from the very beginning, and Harrell hasn't been particularly shy about expressing that fact.

Finish up packing in LA. Was a fun run," said Harrell on Instagram. "I met some good people and I met people I shouldn't have ever knew. You live and you learn, though. Next chapter of my story will be one for books!"

As a former Sixth man of The Year, Trez certainly has a lot to offer as his skillset on the offensive end can provide a major boost to any team in the league.

Unfortunately, the Wizards will not be poised for a deep playoff run this season, but these next few months could give Trez the perfect opportunity to revive his NBA career.


Post a Comment

0 Comments