Touching Moment Goes Viral: Bulls Fans Shower Derrick Rose With MVP Chants

NBC Sports

View the original article to see embedded media.

It feels like ages ago now since Derrick Rose was a star in Chicago.

The former MVP was responsible for leading the Bulls through their best stretch since the MJ era and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

Unfortunately, injuries took their toll and we never got to see what Rose could have been at his full potential.

Nevertheless, in his most recent return trip to United Center, Bulls fans did not show any hesitation in showering him with love.

When he checked into the game, he was greeted with a standing ovation.

Then, early in the second quarter, after a beautiful and-one play by the point guard, fans began the "MVP" chants...

It is a truly sentimental moment, given Rose's history and loveable personality. Even on Twitter, people couldn't help but appreciate the moment.

Rose, 33, has finally found his new home after bouncing around the league for a number of years. While no longer the MVP player he once was, his play for the Knicks has been huge and it's clear the guy still has a lot left in his bag.

"I'm trying to Tom Brady this thing," Rose said. "Play as long as possible. Make sure I really take care of my body. And while I'm playing, play with joy. I don't have to score 30 points a night anymore to affect the game. I can come out and do what I gotta do. I got a great supporting cast with Ju everybody in the starting five, even the guys on the bench, we have a great rhythm so I just got to play my game and whatever the game presents, I have to be ready for it."

It remains to be seen what the future has in store for DRose. Will he ever make another All-Star team? Will he ever return to Chicago?

For now, his only concern is helping the Knicks win basketball games. And, considering the team is currently 3-1 on the season, things are going pretty well so far.


Post a Comment

0 Comments