Ja Morant Reacts After Suffering Bizarre Knee Injury: "It's In God's Hand Now."

USA Today

View the original article to see embedded media.

Grizzlies guard Ja Morant has already been given the keys to the franchise.

The 22-year-old star, who was drafted 2nd overall, is in the midst of his best season yet, with averages of 25.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 7.1 assists per game on 47% shooting.

Sadly, Ja's season could be in jeopardy after suffering a scary and bizarre knee injury late into the first quarter against Atlanta. He had to be carried off the floor, with an MRI scheduled for sometime later tonight.

A few hours after the incident, Ja sent a short message on Twitter which has only amplified concern over his status.

For the past few years, Ja has shown flashes of superstardom, even if he rarely gets mentioned in the same breath as some of his peers.

Nevertheless, he hasn't let it stop him from putting his best foot forward.

“I feel like it took me averaging 35 points a game to finally get some All-Star recognition. But, I really can’t speak too much on that. I feel like my chip will never leave."

"I was in position to be an All-Star my first two years and didn’t make it. That bothered me a lot,” Morant told Yahoo Sports. “So I just stopped focusing on that and just focusing on my play. I’m a winner, and that’s the main goal. If I do that, everything else will take care of itself. I just got to control what I can control and that’s my play on the floor.”

After their latest losing streak, the Grizzlies are 9-10 this season and 9th in the Western Conference. Obviously, the team was hoping for a better start.

But now they're just hoping, and praying, for some good news regarding their franchise player. We'll find out before too long what the prognosis is...


Post a Comment

0 Comments