Joel Embiid On His Fight With COVID-19: "I Really Thought I Wasn’t Going To Make It."

Liberty Ballers

View the original article to see embedded media.

Joel Embiid had a monster return to the court following his bout with COVID-19, dropping 42 points, 14 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

But the focus isn't necessarily on what happened during the game but, rather, what was said after.

Speaking to the media, Joel Embiid detailed his experience with COVID-19, shocking telling the audience that it hit him pretty hard.

“That jawn hit me hard,” said Embiid after his Sixers return. “I mean, I really thought I wasn’t going to make it. It was that bad so I’m just thankful to be sitting here. I struggled with it but I’m just glad I got over it. That I’m just here doing what I love with some good people.”

Obviously, Embiid has since recovered from the virus, but the effects are known to linger well beyond the first symptoms arise.

“Like, I feel great. And then it feels like instead of playing one game, it kind of feels like I played three. I’m used to my body responding and recovering a lot faster. I know I just turned 25, but this can’t be what it looks like on the other side,” said Jaylen Brown, per ESPN.

“As I continue to fight through it and continue to play more games and get the right stuff into my system, it will get better,” Brown added. “Right now it has been inconsistent. I think that’s obvious. But my body hasn’t felt the same.”

Embiid's 42-point performance was obviously a good sign of his health moving forward, but it remains to be seen if he'll have any long-term limitations.

Unfortunately, Embiid's experience is becoming increasingly common around the world today, as new strains, and even a 'super strain' continue to spread. It's important now, more than ever, to be aware of its danger.

As for the Sixers big man, it's good to have him healthy and dominating the basketball world again.


Post a Comment

0 Comments