Kyle Kuzma Reveals The First Thing He Bought With His NBA Contract: "I Grew Up Eating McDonald's And Little Caesar's Pizza. I Knew Once I Got Money, I Wanted To Get A Chef."

View the original article to see embedded media.

Most NBA players make big purchases when they get their first check. Some provide for their families, like Giannis Antetokounmpo; others fulfill their dreams and get their desired car, house, or even jewelry. 

It's not hard to guess that these players will go out and buy big things after seeing a big amount of money. However, Kyle Kuzma had a different mindset, taking an unusual route when he got his first NBA payment. 

The former Los Angeles Lakers player recently revealed the first thing he bought with his NBA money was a personal chef. He grew up eating a lot of junk food and wanted to meet the league standards once he landed in SoCal to join the purple and gold. 

Via Chase Hughes of NBC Sports

"That was my first purchase as soon as I got in the league. I grew up eating McDonald’s and Little Caesar’s pizza. I knew once I got money, that’s the one thing I really wanted to harp in on," Kuzma said.

"I do love eating and with my family genetics, if I don’t eat right, I would get big. Having a chef is super, super important. It also just takes a lot of stress out of your life. I’m not looking at the clock at home at 6:30 [p.m.], like what am I about to eat? I just walk upstairs and it’s on my table."

During game days, Kuzma has gotten used to eating a Denver omelet (ham, onions, peppers, and cheese). This has been a common practice for Kuz. It has become a ritual for having good games. 

"That just comes with being in the NBA and understanding when you have a good game, you kind of want to feel like, okay, what did I do when I had a good game," he said, later adding: "And, I like omelets. It’s not that bad. You eat breakfast every day."

Kyle is trying to make an impact on the Washington Wizards after being traded from the Los Angeles Lakers in the offseason. The player is ready to bounce back after a couple of bad seasons with the purple and gold. 

So far, the Wizards are 5-2, ranking fifth in the Eastern Conference. They have surprised a lot of people with their good displays and don't play to stop there. The young forward is keen to prove he can be a solid player in the league and this start to the season shows he can be good for his squad. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments