Kevin Durant Supports NFL Star Gio Bernard For Taking The Blame For A Bad Play And Not Trashing Teammates

Kevin Durant showed his support to Gio Bernard after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back took offense with reporters.

Credit: Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Kevin Durant has once again attacked reporters, but this time, he didn't do it directly. He's somebody that will stick up for his fellow athletes when he feels they've been disrespected. 

KD has had some interesting encounters with media members, especially on social media. In the past, he was mad after a report suggested he would retire if the Brooklyn Nets didn't trade him. He also took offense when a reporter considered him a top-3 one-on-one player

Durant has been very vocal when it comes to reporters and their antics. The Nets superstar pays attention to everything that happens in the world of sports and recently was mad after reporters tried to set up NFL running back Giovani Bernard after a botched fake punt. 


Kevin Durant Rips Reporters While Supporting NFL Star Gio Bernard

Bernard, who shares touches with Tom Brady on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, didn't like when reporters approached him to talk about this failed play and initially refused to talk about it. 

“Can I go to my family that I have outside?” Bernard asked reporters.

After a couple of questions, he took full responsibility for the blunder, saying he 'messed up' and taking all the blame for the way things went for his team.

“Miscommunication, that’s all it was on my part,” Bernard said. “I take complete fault for that. It was complete fault — my fault, that’s it. It’s on me, all me, something I did wrong. It was all on me. No. 25 out there, that’s me. I was the one who did it. It was just me. I messed up. I messed up. Thank you, guys.” 

KD quote-tweeted the video and said that Gio had handled the situation the best way.

Durant obviously hasn't had the best relationship with reporters, especially in the past few years. A couple of weeks ago, he had to clarify some comments he made about his teammates, which looked like he put them down. 

He's not in a war with the media, but KD enjoys going after them to clarify something, defend himself or defend others. This time, it was Gio Bernard, who is part of the struggling Buccaneers. They couldn't beat Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, who dropped to 6-8 but are still leading the weak NFC South. 

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments