When Brittney Griner Said She Could Beat DeMarcus Cousins 1-On-1: "I'm Gonna Go To The ATM And I Will Sell My House And I Gonna Put All My Money..."

In 2016, Brittney Griner had said that she would beat DeMarcus Cousins in a game of 1-on-1, and there were some hilarious reactions from people asked about the quote.

Credit: Fadeaway World

Brittney Griner was on the minds of almost every NBA fan and many who don't even follow basketball in 2022. The WNBA star was incarcerated in Russia for months on end after she was arrested for carrying a vape cartridge that had an illegal substance in it. This led to calls for her release and pressure being put on the US government to bring her back home safely.  

The story had a good ending, at least. Brittney Griner returned to the USA eventually. And now that she is back and her normal life has resumed once more, she is being remembered for reasons other than her unfortunate detention in Russia. An old incident when she had kissed Kevin Durant during a live video went viral, and who can forget her old quote of her saying she would beat DeMarcus Cousins in a 1-on-1?

View the original article to see embedded media.

"I could beat him 1-on-1. We talk a lot of smack. It's okay, little man."

This happened in 2016 when both were with Team USA at the Olympics. DeMarcus Cousins may have petered out since, but at that time, he was arguably the best center in the NBA. And the reactions to her quote from that time are arguably more memorable than what she said in the first place. 


DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, And Others Had Epic Reactions To Brittney Griner's Claims

There is nothing wrong with having confidence, but most people know that this was not a possibility. The other folks that were part of Team USA were asked about all of this, and their reactions were quite incredible. Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, and Diana Taurasi all had something to say, and Cousins and Griner themselves spoke as well. 

DeMarcus Cousins: “I’m glad she’s that confident in her abilities, but she’s also a little delusional... It's not a walk in the park over here."

Kevin Durant: "I like the confidence B.G., but I don't think that's gonna happen."

Brittney Griner: “I’m just gonna use this to fuel (me). I mean, I’m better. But I know that kind of gets at him. … It’s OK, little man."

Carmelo Anthony: "I would like to see that, I would pay to see that."

DeAndre Jordan: "I'd pay for a ticket. Front row though, I gotta be front row."

Draymond Green: "I got Cuz on that one."

Diana Taurasi: "My money’s on B.G."

US Women's National Team Coach Geno Auriemma: “If there's no referee, I’m gonna go to the ATM, I’m gonna sell my house, and I'm going to put all my money on DeMarcus Cousins."

None of this is a knock on Brittney Griner, she is an excellent player, but prime Boogie Cousins was a different beast. He made All-NBA Second Team two times during that stretch, and his paint presence was arguably unmatched by anyone else. This is some really fun stuff to look back on, though, to be sure. 

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments