Anthony Davis On Being Off Social Media For Four Months: "I've Got Three Kids And A Wife I Want To Keep Happy. I Don't Need Any Other Stress"

Anthony Davis and the Los Angeles Lakers are flying high, the team is one win away from making the Western Conference Finals. In a torrid season for him and the team, they have surpassed expectations during this playoff run. 

Anthony Davis has received his fair share of criticism this season, even during the playoffs. But all the noise doesn't reach the man himself, who revealed that he has been off social media for about four months now. 

"Hell nah, I'm not on social media and it's been that way for about four months," Davis told Bleacher Report. "I don't know what anybody is saying. Most times it's just clickbait to draw ratings. I don't give that sh*t any attention."

"I've got three kids and a wife I want to keep happy. I don't need any other stress. You obviously want to compete at the highest level and perform to your best, but sh*t, it doesn't go that way sometimes. I don't know what was said, and I don't care. I got 15 motherf**kers in this locker room and a coaching staff that I listen to. Outside of them, it's my strong support system. They're the only voices I let in."

This is a great strategy from Davis to keep himself focused, and it's been working. He has been monumental for the Lakers averaging 21.4 points and 14 rebounds per game. His defensive numbers are also popping, he has 3.7 blocks per game and he has even been guarding Stephen Curry on the perimeter


Anthony Davis Revealed He's Not Even Letting The Positive Talk In

With the Lakers and Davis doing well, the narrative has been shifting and Davis has also received a lot of praise. But he revealed that he doesn't care about that either, explaining his logic when asked about it. 

"I'm very strong mentally," Davis told B/R. "It's hard to let anyone or something get into my head. If that happens, it's something serious. But I try not to allow anything to get into my head that I don't want to. I have a great support system around me. They won't allow me to stay in a negative space for too long.

If Anthony Davis continues to play at an elite level, the Lakers could find themselves in the NBA Finals once again. That would make the season a roaring success, and both LeBron James and Anthony Davis will earn a lot of plaudits from the media and fans once again. 

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments