Stephen A. Smith's Hilarious Solution For Shannon Sharpe To Not Call Him 'Skip' Anymore

  • Stephen A. Smith was unintentionally called 'Skip' in his first interaction with Stephen A. Smith
  • Shannon Sharpe joined Stephen A. Smith alongside 'First Take'
  • Sharpe exited Undisputed earlier this June

Stephen A. Smith had a hilarious fix after Shannon Sharpe, his new co-host on ESPN's 'First Take' committed a gaffe calling the former as Skip.

Taking to Twitter, Smith decided to fix the problem once and for all by adding a name tag on his chest to ensure Sharpe wouldn't make that funny blunder again.

"It's Day two, but it's really Day one because it's a full two-hour show with me and the man. I know there was a hiccup last time, but this time man, I got a solution to the problem."

And he proceeds to stick the name tag, leaving Sharpe in absolute splits. You can watch the complete clip below:

It's a fun take on Sharpe's "hiccup" as Smith puts it, and that shows how the chemistry between the two is brilliant at best. After seven years with Skip Bayless on Undisputed, the former NFL legend joined ESPN, but his debut wasn't exactly as planned.

Despite the bit of error that went down, Sharpe's presence on the show was highly anticipated and it went off smoothly with the latter bringing new energy to the show. Alongside Bayless, he was a notable face with astute knowledge of the game and made some detailed analyses winning fans' respect.


Stephen A. Smith Wanted Shannon Sharpe To Join 'First Take'

Earlier, it was Stephen A. Smith who made a vocal call saying he wanted the former Football Hall of Fame tight end and Denver Broncos legend to join 'First Take'.

Taking to Twitter, Smith said:

"We are definitely talking to Shannon Sharpe. The conversations are official, the reports have not been misnomers or misreports or anything like that. We are talking to him and I'm hopeful, very hopeful, very confident that ultimately we will be announcing sooner than later that he will be on First Take."

Sharpe, 55, became the co-host of the FS1 sports debate show alongside Bayless in 2016, who was Smith's former partner on 'First Take'. He left the show in June after the end of the 2023 NBA Finals, and the NBA world was busy speculating about his future.

Sharpe has already garnered a loyal audience with his Club Shay Shay podcast and now he has a new start in his career as an analyst.


Shannon Sharpe Bid An Emotional Goodbye To Skip Bayless On 'Undisputed'

From their Tom Brady argument to Damar Hamlin, Sharpe and Bayless have gone toe-to-toe against each other, but on his last day, the former broke down in an emotional goodbye to his co-host.

“I’ll never forget what you did for me,” Sharpe said, with his voice cracking. "I am here because of you. You have allowed me to share the stage with you."

"You've allowed me to share the platform. I will cry in the car, I'm not gonna cry now. The opportunity that you gave me, to become what I became, I'm forever indebted to you. You helped me grow more than you ever know."

“All I ask is when you lay your head on your pillow at night, know I gave you everything I had.” To which Bayless had an equally lavish response: “The greatest compliment I can give you is you were a worthy adversary."

It's heartwarming to see that the two have buried the hatchet. Now both parties get a fresh start with new faces, and it will be business as usual.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments