Victor Wembanyama Reacts To Joel Embiid Committing To Team USA

Center Joel Embiid is widely considered to be a top 5 player in the league, and the face of the Philadelphia 76ers. Despite his talent, he has not yet played on the international stage. That will change in 2024, as Embiid recently committed to playing for Team USA, picking them over France and Cameroon.

French native Victor Wembanyama recently reacted to Embiid picking Team USA, claiming that he is not disappointed when asked about the matter.

"Not at all. If I have the opportunity, if I am selected, I will fight with other French people to win a title."

The big man then clarified his stance further, stating that he doesn't have an opinion, but noting that he is sad for Cameroon for being passed over by Embiid.

"I don't really have an opinion, I'm just sad for Cameroon."

It is clear that Victor Wembanyama is ultimately worrying about himself, and doesn't feel offended by Embiid's decision. He is willing to compete for France in the Olympics next year, and perhaps we'll even see him face off against Embiid on the international stage in the future.

This past season, Joel Embiid averaged 33.1 points, 10.2 rebounds, and 4.2 assists per game for the Philadelphia 76ers. He is an elite interior scorer, and highly proficient from the midrange area. Team USA is lucky to get his commitment, and we'll see how he does in the NBA season leading up to the Olympics in 2024.


Joel Embiid Previously Explained Why He Decided To Pick Team USA

Though many were shocked that Joel Embiid ultimately picked Team USA, the superstar had good reasons for the decision. Previously, Embiid explained that he committed to Team USA because he wanted to "honor" his son who was born in the United States.

"I’m really proud and excited about this decision. It was not easy. I am blessed to call Cameroon, France, and the USA home. After talking to my family, I knew it had to be Team USA. I want to play with my brothers in the league. I want to play for my fans because they’ve been incredible since the day I came here. But most of all, I want to honor my son who was born in the US. I want my boy to know I played my first Olympics for him."

The 2024 Team USA Olympics team is going to be loaded with talent, and Embiid will likely be the starting center for the squad. Team USA's biggest weaknesses in the 2023 FIBA World Cup were their size and rebounding, and both should be addressed with Embiid's inclusion on the 2024 roster.


LeBron James May Have Played A Part In Joel Embiid Committing To Team USA

There is no doubt that LeBron James has played a huge part in getting players to commit to the 2024 Olympics Team USA squad. In fact, James has already hinted that he was the one to recruit Embiid to Team USA. It is clear that the superstar is trying to ensure that Team USA gets gold in the tournament, and is recruiting the most talented players in the league to make that happen.

Generally, it is agreed that Team USA is the most talented squad in any given international tournament. However, their main weakness at tournaments is their chemistry: generally, most players selected don't have a lot of experience playing with one another.

Hopefully, we will see Team USA get gold in the 2024 Olympics. Anything less would be considered a disappointment for both fans and the players themselves, and we'll see what happens in the future.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments