LeBron James Shows Posters He Had On His Wall When Growing Up: Allen Iverson Crossing Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant's Windmill Dunk

The "LeBron James Home Court" museum in Akron, Ohio was opened to the public on Saturday, with LeBron James being in Cleveland for the game against the Cavaliers. While at the museum, James showed some of the posters he had on his wall growing up.

Credit: @mcten/X

There were posters of many of the athletes that James admired growing up, such as Barry Bonds, Deion Sanders, Barry Sanders, and Mike Tyson. From an NBA perspective, you can see the likes of Kobe Bryant, Hakeem Olajuwon, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Penny Hardaway, Allen Iverson, and Michael Jordan.

It is a bit interesting, though, that LeBron, who has said in the past that he idolized Jordan, didn't really have any posters of his iconic moments. The one big poster that he has of the Chicago Bulls icon, is the one where he famously got crossed up by Iverson.

LeBron also named Ken Griffey Jr. as his favorite player growing up, but didn't have any of his posters here. It could be possible that some posters of Griffey and Jordan just got lost over time.


LeBron James Spoke On The Opening Of His Museum

The opening of this museum was something many were looking forward to and fans showed up in great numbers for it. That certainly was not a surprise considering just how much interest James garners and LeBron spoke about the grand opening of his museum in Akron.

"It's special for the community and my foundation and for the people that's followed me in my journey to be a part of it... I used to get on my mom about saving everything… and she kind of threw it back in my face (with the museum exhibits) and a lot of stuff in there is because of stuff that she saved. My mom had trophies from when I was like, my first basketball game ever, my first football game ever. And she got my trophy from when I was nine years old, stuff like that. But it's pretty cool that I've been able to do things in my life that I've been able to give back to my community, highlight my community."

If it wasn't for his mother, Gloria James, we might have missed out on a lot of things here. While some have called out LeBron for this museum, as it might come across as somewhat narcissistic, it's been built with a good cause in mind.

Tickets for general admission have been priced at $23, with all proceeds going to a training fund set up for students, parents, educators, and family members affiliated with LeBron's I Promise School. For children under five years of age, meanwhile, entry is free.


LeBron James Is Dominating In His 21st Season

This museum takes one through the various stages of LeBron's life and career, and the 38-year-old is hoping that he can add another championship moment to it. In his 21st season in the NBA in 2023-24, LeBron is averaging 25.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 6.6 assists, 1.5 steals, and 0.8 blocks per game.

It is mindblowing that someone with that much mileage on their body can still deliver performances of the highest level on a nightly basis. LeBron is playing like a man who desperately wants to win his fifth championship but it seems like a bit of a long shot with how the season has started for the Lakers.

That museum is a great reminder, though, that you should never count him out, and I certainly won't.

We sincerely appreciate and respect you as a reader of our site. It would help us a lot if you follow us on Google News because of the latest update.

Thanks for following us. We really appreciate your support.


Post a Comment

0 Comments