Giannis Antetokounmpo Isn't Afraid Of Failure: "I've Airballed Shots In Game 7, I've Missed Eight In A Row, I've Been Dunked On... The Only Way Is Up. "

View the original article to see embedded media.

Giannis Antetokounmpo has been through it all in his life. As we all know, he didn't have the best background of all, but he fought hard to be where he is, two games away from playing in the NBA Finals. 

The Greek Freak just won Game 3 of the 2021 Eastern Conference Finals, taking a 2-1 lead over the Atlanta Hawks in this hard-fought series. Giannis has been all about hard work and never giving up since day one, and now that he's close to making the Finals, that mentality hasn't changed. 

He's been heavily criticized this playoff due to his struggles at the free-throw line. Well, none of that matters to him as long as he keeps trying. A recent video shows Giannis talking about his on-court failures and how they have inspired him to be better. 

"I've seen it all. I've airballed shots, Game 7. I’ve airballed back-to-back free throws in Oklahoma,” Giannis says in the video. "I’ve been down here [gestures to the floor]. The only way is up now! I've missed 8 in a row. I've been dunked on. I've been crossed over. I've been all over the place."

Giannis is a humble and honest guy. As Scottie Pippen recently said, he won't hide when he gets humiliated on the court. Instead, he will try to make a better move in the next play. 

Antetokounmpo knows he had to work really hard to be in this position. Once he made it to the top, he won't stop. Milwaukee is now two games away from the NBA Finals after beating the Atlanta Hawks as visitors. They've come a long way, and everything they do from now on will be a huge W for them. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments